SUPPLEMENTAL TYPE CERTIFICATES
Requirements for supplemental type certificate
21.05.1 (1) Any person who is not the holder of a type certificate and who alters a product by introducing any change in the type design, but not great enough to require a new application for a type certificate, shall apply to the Commissioner for the issuing of a supplemental type certificate.
(2) An applicant for the issuing of a supplemental certificate shall prove to the Commissioner that –
the altered product complies with the appropriate airworthiness design standards referred to in regulation 21.02.3;
in the case of an acoustical change, the altered product complies with the appropriate noise standards as prescribed in Part 36; and
in the case of am emission change, the altered product complies with the appropriate emission standards as prescribed in Part 34.
(3) An applicant for the issuing of a supplemental type certificate shall comply with the provisions of regulations 21.02.5 and 21.02.6 in respect of each change in type design.
(4) For the purposes of this regulation the holder of a type certificate may apply for the amendment of the type certificate in terms of subpart 2.
Application for supplemental type certificate
21.05.2 An application for the issuing of a supplemental type certificate shall be –
made to the Commissioner in the appropriate form as prescribed in Document SA-CATS-AR; and
accompanied by –
the appropriate fee as prescribed in Part 187; and
proof of compliance with the provisions of regulation 21.05.1.
Issuing of supplemental type certificate
21.05.3 An application in terms of regulation 21.05.2 shall be granted and a supplemental type certificate issued if the applicant complies with the requirements prescribed in regulation 21.05.1.
Form of supplemental type certificate
21.05.4 A supplemental type certificate shall be issued on the appropriate form as prescribed in Document SA-CATS-AR.
Privileges of holder of supplemental type certificate
21.05.5 The holder of a supplemental type certificate shall be entitled to –
in the case of an aircraft, upon compliance with the appropriate requirements prescribed in subpart 8, obtain a certificate of airworthiness; and
in the case of any other product, obtain approval for the installation of such product on a certificated aircraft; and
upon compliance with the appropriate requirements prescribed in subpart 7, obtain a production certificate for the change in the type design approved by the supplemental type certificate.
Period of validity
21.05.6 (1) A supplemental type certificate shall be valid until it is surrendered by the holder thereof, or is suspended by an airworthiness inspector, or cancelled by the Commissioner, in terms of regulation 21.01.6.
(2) The holder of a supplemental type certificate which is suspended, shall forthwith produce the supplemental type certificate upon suspension thereof, to the airworthiness inspector concerned for the appropriate endorsement.
(3) The holder of a supplemental type certificate which is cancelled, shall, within 30 days from the date on which the supplemental type certificate is cancelled, surrender such supplemental type certificate to the Commissioner.
Duty of holder of supplemental type certificate
21.05.7 The holder of a supplemental type certificate shall keep the original supplemental type certificate in a safe place and produce such certificate to an airworthiness inspector for inspection if so requested by such inspector.
This legislation service maintained and powered by LexisNexis