1. The Director for Civil Aviation may designate:
Medical Doctor registered with the Health Professional Council of South Africa.
Professional Nurse registered with the Nursing Council of South Africa
Intermediate Life Support Paramedic Emergency Care Practitioner (Level 6) registered
with the Health Professions Council of South Africa
Advanced Life Support Paramedic registered with the Health Professions Council of
Proof of current registration and continued professional development with the relevant body.
2. Assessor/Moderator Course-SAQA Approved
3. Primary Aviation Health/Flight Medical Attendant Course/Aviation Health Care Provider Course.
4. Recognized Facilitator Course / Instructor Course / Train the Trainer Course or Educational Courses as part of either Under/Post Graduate Professional Bachelors Degree or equivalent course registered with an accredited authority.
5. Basic Life Support Instructors Certificate-Approved by the relevant Authority
6. Documented proof of experience in the Aviation Medical Environment.
7. Affiliation with an ATO.
Links: Medical Certification
About Medical Certification
ICAO Manual of Civil Aviation
Recently amended medical protocols
Designated Medical Examiners (SA)
Designated Medical Examiners (Foreign)
Aeromedical Committee Calendar
Aeromedical Committee Procedure
Links: Air Ambulances
Air Ambulances Oversight
List of Approved Air Ambulance
Air Ambulance Approval Procedure
Links: First Aid Cabin Crew Training
About First Aid Cabin Crew Training
Designation of the Instructors and Examiners Procedure
Requirements for Designation
Instructors & Cabin Crew DE's
Other Important Links
About Aviation Medicine
Aviation Medicine Training
Research Information Manager
Virtual Flight Surgeons, Inc
Worl Health Organisation
ICAO Aviation Medicine